SCHULENBURG ISD initiated a distance learning program for students beginning on March 24. Meal distribution will continue Monday through Friday. Meals are available at the cafeteria from 9-10 a.m. and Wolters Park, Blinn College, and Clark’s Trailer Park from 9:15-9:45 am. Anyone unable to pick up a meal during this time can call to schedule delivery (Elementary–743-4221, Junior High–743-4295, High School–743-3605, Central Office–743-3448).
SCHULENBURG AREA FOOD PANTRY will remain open but clients are asked to remain in their vehicle. Information will be obtained and pantry volunteers will deliver the food. Clients may obtain food once per month. Pantry hours remain Thursdays 9-11 a.m.
COMBINED COMMUNITY ACTION will continue its meals program for those 60 and older weekdays at 11:30 a.m. at 1107 Hillje Ave. Delivery to the homebound also continues as usual.
GREATER SCHULENBURG CHAMBER OF COMMERCE announced that it has closed its lobby although business will continue as usual, joining City Hall, the Schulenburg Police Department, and the Schulenburg Public Library.
• St. Rose of Lima & all Catholic parishes in the Diocese of Victoria – until March 31, priests will celebrate the Eucharist daily but without a congregation. Bishop Brendan Cahill decreed that all Catholics in the diocese are dispensed from the obligation to attend Mass on Sundays and other holy days through March 31 (for more, see Page 3).
• First Baptist Church of Schulenburg – Pastor David Thompson will be giving his Sunday morning message as usual at 10:45 a.m. but it will presented via Facebook Live and on the church’s website.
• First United Methodist Church – will not hold Sunday worship service at the church March 29. The choir will not be meeting on Wednesday nights and the women’s-led service for the 29th will be rescheduled (for more, see Page 3).
• Zion Lutheran Church – has offered regular attendees to come to service at a different time to limit the group size to 9 or less or to stay home and watch the service on YouTube channel Zion Lutheran Schulenburg.
• Freyburg United Methodist Church – closed thru the end of March but with a live feed on Facebook next Sunday at 8:30 a.m. with prayers and a sermon. Anyone can type in during this time for special prayers or comments.
• United Evangelical Church at Swiss Alp – closed through the end of March. A service of hymns, scripture, and prayers on Facebook will be held at 9:15 a.m. on Sunday. The sanctuary is open for prayers 24/7 but we ask you to keep safe social distancing while we encourage you to come and pray.
• Temple Israel – the Board has suspended or limited all activities at the synagogue until further notice. The Passover Seder has been cancelled. • Crossroads Christian Fellowship – no services through April 3.
• St. Paul’s Presbyterian Church – holding services as usual.
• St. James Missionary Baptist Church – holding services as usual.
• Pleasant Union Missionary Baptist Church – holding services as usual.